Click on any question below to display the answer.
- What is Microcurrent?
Micro-current mimics the electrical current the human body naturally produces which increases the production of collagen and elastin. This is what reduces the appearance of wrinkles. It also stimulates your circulatory system to enhance overall health. It works the muscles of the face to build up muscle tone to make your skin firmer. The experience is described as wonderfully relaxing and euphoric, causes no pain, redness or swelling, and the age-defying results are remarkable.
• 35% increase in blood circulation
• 45% increase in the number of elastin fibers in the dermis
• 50% increase in the length of the elastin fibers
• 10% increase in collagen thickness in the connective tissue
• 28% increase lymphatic drainage
- A Facelift without Surgery? No harmful lasers? No recovery time?
Now people all over North America are discovering an alternative way to achieve the same, if not better, age-defying results and do so with a more natural look. Midwest Beautiful Image Facial Sculpting will change the way you look at non-surgical facial technology, because it does not rely on needles, lasers, or chemicals to wound the dermis to stimulate its anti-aging properties.
- What results can I expect on my face?
Our technology is so effective, that you should see some noticeable results on your first session. Changes are gradual rather than drastic, and look more natural than other non-surgical cosmetic procedures. Further changes will be even more effective and lasting as your facial “memory” is achieved and sustained with more visits.
• Diminishes or eliminates fine lines, creases, and wrinkles
• Hydrates and revitalizes skin, making it smoother and softer
• Improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
• Rejuvenates the “pink glow” of youthful hues
• Visibly firms and contours, lifting the overall droop
• Tightens sagging jowls, doubling chins, and fatty cheeks
• Reduces dark circles or puffiness under eyes
• Clears up or reduces acne scarring and symptoms of rosacea
• Reduces the appearance of stretch marks & cellulite on the body
• Reduces scarring and dimpling from laser resurfacing
- What is the age range best suited for these treatments?
Midwest Beautiful Image patients range in age from early 20′s through 80 years old. Our youngest clients are often concerned about acne or Rosacea.
- Is the treatment safe?
Yes. This treatment is completely safe. There are no harmful side-effects. Micro-current has been used in the medical field for over 60 years.
The only clients who SHOULD NOT have micro-current are those who have epilepsy, are pregnant, or have a heart pacemaker or defibrillator.
- How many sessions are recommended for the full treatment and how often?
The 10 session protocol once a week is the minimum necessary to establish optimal muscle and tissue memory.
Once the initial 10 session protocol has been completed, you and your practitioner will make an assessment of your results and determine whether you need additional treatments or can start on your maintenance program.
- How long do the results last?
The results will last as long as you continue to maintain them with maintenance sessions every 4 weeks, just as you would maintain a haircut or hair coloring. If you stop maintenance treatments, you risk losing the muscle memory after about 3-6 months and will have to start a new 10 session treatment protocol again to regain the original youthful look.
- What should I expect during and after treatment?
Some potential results from your first treatment may include:
• Positive changes in the overall glow/color of your skin.
• An overall lift of the facial contours and certain features (most notice the eyes).
• Skin should feel tighter and less affected by gravity and movement.
• Minor smoothing of lines/wrinkles is also common.
• Skin disorders, especially acne and Rosacea may reduce right away.
Some clients appear more changed than others upon their first treatment, but all experience age-defying changes as muscle memory begins to increase at the 6th or 7th session. After a treatment is complete, you may resume your normal day without any swelling, redness or inflammation whatsoever.
- How much does it cost?
We have treatment packages available. Please see our Services page for pricing. We accept cash, checks, Visa, Mastercard and Discover. These treatments are not covered by insurance.
- How do I prepare for my first visit?
Just call our office at (847) 392-7901 to schedule your appointment. We look forward to your first visit and we are confident in the age-defying results we will achieve for you.